Our public gallery features an innovative programme of contemporary art exhibitions by local and international artists. We pride ourselves on being inclusive, and our purpose it to create opportunities for diverse communities to speak from and offer experiences that strengthen and promote community.
Exhibitions are accompanied by a full range of free public programmes including artist talks, exhibition tours and art workshops for kids.
For gallery enquiries contact our curator, Cora-Allan Wickliffe:
Submit a Proposal for our 2019 Exhibition Programme
We are now accepting exhibition proposals from practitioners of any artistic discipline, as individuals or in groups. Proposed exhibitions need to appeal to a broad cross section of gallery visitors. A higher priority is given to artists with an acknowledged exhibition record.
Proposals Should Include:
–A 300-500 word outline of your proposed project, with key themes and concepts in the exhibition, an indication of your target audience and a clear rationale
– Working title
– Names of artist(s) and the medium in which they work
– A public program component
– Relevant 1 page CV from involved artist/s
– 4-5 images (maximum) of the works you intend to exhibit or examples of previous relevant works
What we offer:
–NO hireage fee
– Curatorial assistance to develop your exhibition
– Opening reception food and drinks are provided
–An onsite technician for install and deinstall
– Design, production and distribution of standard exhibition catalogues relating to your show
– There is a 33.3% + gst commission on sales, however there is no expectation for you to sell your works.
Proposals should be two pages maximum. Email your proposal to the curator in a single PDF file that includes CV, supporting images and links. (please note files must be under 5MB to be received via email, otherwise please use a service such as WeTransfer.com).
Contact our curator for any queries and send proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday30 April.
*If you are someone who struggles to write proposals please feel free to contact our curator as this should not be a barrier.