With Melina Payne
Mon 11 Mar 2024 10:30AM - 12:00PM
Join Homestead Galleries Curator & Exhibitions Manager Melina for a intimate tour of our current exhibitions.
The Homestead Galleries and Gallery Shop are both CLOSED this week while we install exhibitions opening this Friday, 1 March at 6pm. See you then!
Submissions for Exhibitions in 2024 open on Mon 17 April 2023 with the deadline for entries on Friday 2 June 2023.
Proposals for 2024 will be responded to by Friday 14 July 2023.
Corban Estate Arts Centre Homestead Galleries
Submitting An Exhibition Proposal
Every year CEAC opens a round of Exhibition Proposals to ensure that all creatives have an opportunity to submit their work for consideration. The exhibition programme for the Homestead Galleries is curated by the CEAC Curator/Exhibitions Manager and proposals need to complement planned exhibitions. We accept exhibition proposals from practitioners of any artistic discipline, individually or in groups. Proposed exhibitions need to appeal to a broad cross-section of gallery visitors in our community. A higher priority is given to artists with an acknowledged exhibition record and to proposals for group exhibitions.
• A cover letter including all contact details.
• A detailed outline of the exhibition concept, key themes of the exhibition, media used, an indication of your target audience and ideas for a related programme to engage the public such as an artist talk, a children’s activity or a technical workshop. (300-500 words)
• Description and images of the works you intend to exhibit or examples of relevant previous works - the size of exhibition, size and number of artworks. (4-5 Images max)
• A concise CV for all participating artists outlining past exhibitions, arts education, art residencies, art awards etc. (2 pages per CV max)
• Possible dates for the exhibition - when is your proposed exhibition available and does it relate to a specific event or festival?
• Email your proposal to the Curator in a single PDF file that includes CV, supporting images and links. (Please note files must be under 5MB to be received via email, otherwise please use a service such as WeTransfer.com)
The Homestead Galleries are located at the heart of CEAC in the original Homestead of the Corban family who lived on the estate when it was operating as a winery. The Homestead is a Heritage building finished in 1923 and includes three exhibition spaces: Gallery One, Gallery Two and Gallery Three. (Galleries Two and Three are connected through an open doorway and are typically used as one conjoining exhibition space).
If you have an indication of which space you would prefer for your proposed exhibition, please mention this in your proposal PDF.
What We Offer
• Curatorial guidance to develop your exhibition
• On-site technician for Install + De-install
• Inclusion in the CEAC marketing strategy and promotion to our community
• Opening Reception (Including food + drinks)
• Carefully designed gallery programming specific to your exhibition
• Design, production and distribution of exhibition catalogues
• Opportunity to sell your works if desired (Note there is a 33.3% + GST commission on sales)
How to apply:
Proposals will be responded to within 6 weeks of the proposal deadline.
Please direct all enquiries to the Curator and Exhibitions Manager Melina Payne.
email@example.com or (09) 838 4455 x 203
Please direct all enquiries to the Curator and Exhibitions Manager, Melina Payne:
(09) 838 4455 x 203